Where Do Great Article Ideas Come From?


“Lots of ideas.  No good ones.” This was the phrase uttered by Jack Nicholson’s character, Jack Torrance, to his wife, played by Shelly Duvall, in the 1980 film The Shining when she inquired if he had any ideas for a literary piece that he was attempting to compose.

This is not a problem that plagues solely novelists; it is quite common among writers of all formats, particularly those of us who compose articles and posts for personal blogs and revenue sharing websites. 

It seems that I have my best article ideas when I’m in a location where I cannot write down the topics that seem to magically materialize in my mind.  These ideas seem to come fast and furious and by the time I’ve gotten to a place where I can write down my best ideas, most of them have vanished. 

Many of the article topic ideas that I have don’t ever make it to the keyboard for various reasons, but usually because it’s because I feel that very few, if any, readers would find my work beneficial or entertaining.  So I say to myself, “Lots of ideas. No good ones.” 

One time I spent the better part of an afternoon researching and composing an article on useless Back to the Future trivia.  I was certain that I would receive feedback about the article or at get least a few dozen page views, especially since I posted it to social media.  I got nothing.  Well, maybe eight or nine page views, but that was it.  It’s a sad reality that sometimes a well-written, well-researched piece gets very little attention online. 

That brings me to my little survey.  How do you come up with article ideas, how to you remember them and how do you bring them to fruition? 

Because I have a full time job that pays my bills, online article writing is a hobby that brings in some income on the side.  Therefore I am not tied to my computer all day trying to bang out a high volume of quality articles to make money.  However, I do know that some people do, and do it quite well.

Please share your ideas in the comments section below this post. I am curious to know, as I’m sure others are, how this happens day in and day out, where the creativity comes from and how it is channeled through a keyboard and becomes a revenue-generating machine.

Also Read:
The Top Ten Keys to Making Money Online as a Writer
Make Extra Money: The Most Important Article You Will Read Today
Increase Online Earnings and Internet Traffic by Using Backlinks

No comments:

Post a Comment